July 1, 2021
Fume Cupboard Testing
Expert fume cupboard testing for safe labs. Trust our professionals for accurate results & compliance
Expert Fume Cupboard Testing and Maintenance by HTS
Protecting your personnel and maintaining efficient laboratory operations are paramount concerns. At Holliday Technical Services (HTS), we offer comprehensive fume cupboard testing and maintenance solutions to ensure the safety, performance, and compliance of your fume cupboards and Local Exhaust Ventilation (LEV) systems.
Legal Compliance and Beyond:
- Mandatory Testing: Regular fume cupboard testing, as mandated by UK regulations like BS EN 14175 and COSHH, is not just a legal requirement but an essential safeguard for personnel safety.
- HTS Expertise: As a leading fume cupboard testing specialist with over 18 years of experience, we deliver thorough and reliable testing across all sectors, from education to industry.
- Peace of Mind: Our Enhanced DBS-checked engineers guarantee the security and integrity of your facility, giving you complete peace of mind.
Tailored Maintenance for Optimal Performance:
- Maximised Lifespan: Regular maintenance by our trained and experienced engineers extends the life, safety, and efficiency of your fume cupboards, including significant energy savings.
- Flexible Schedules: Choose from quarterly, 6-monthly, or yearly maintenance plans to meet your specific needs and regulatory requirements.
- Comprehensive Support: We go beyond maintenance, offering expert advice on new fume cupboard purchases and timely testing solutions for any size laboratory.
Streamline Your Laboratory Efficiency with Integrated Fume Cupboard Care
Ensuring the safety and performance of your fume cupboards is crucial, but managing separate services for testing, repair and maintenance can be time-consuming and cumbersome. By partnering with a single provider like Holliday Technical Services (HTS), you can reap the benefits of streamlined processes, optimised efficiency, and unparalleled expertise.
HTS, a UK-based specialist in Leeds, West Yorkshire, offers nationwide coverage for testing fume cupboards, biological safety cabinets, and laminar flow units. We are an independent company, trusted by a diverse range of laboratories, schools, colleges, and universities.
FUME CUPBOARD teSTING
We work across many sectors in the UK, testing all makes and models of fume cupboards, biosafety cabinets and a wide range of other fume extracted equipment.
Take a deep dive into 4 of the sectors we support nationwide and hear from present customers just like you.
Services We Offer Include
We stock a large range of spare parts and consumables for our own equipment and can quickly source parts required for other makes and models.
Building Trust and Delivering Value
Don't settle for anything less than the best for your laboratory's safety and performance. Contact HTS today to discuss your individual needs and experience the value of our comprehensive fume cupboard testing and maintenance services.
Our established client base across diverse sectors, including education, research, and automotive industries, is a testament to our commitment and expertise. Check out some recent testimonials from clients like you in the UK and visit our Transforming Standards Into Satisfaction page.
HTS offers a complete 360° package of services, designed to make HTS your one-stop partner for all fume cupboard needs. We can undertake fume cupboard testing and maintenance, parts replacement and fume cupboard optimisation service and provide a purchase route for new fume cupboards, quality refurbished fume cupboards, ducted fume cupboards, filtered fume hoods, laminar flow cabinets and a wide range of vented enclosures and Class II Biosafety Cupboards in a range of sizes. We can also test your MBSCs and LEVs in accordance with their required standards, ensuring a seamless and efficient experience.
Our dedication to continuous improvement is reflected in our regular staff training and industry accreditations. Holliday Technical Services is a Reset Company Member, BSI, SafeContractor and Constructionline member meeting pre-qualification requirements appropriate to public and private sector procurement.
Fume cupboard testing plays a crucial role in safeguarding laboratory personnel and upholding safety regulations. These specialised enclosures are designed to control and contain hazardous fumes, vapours, and gases, and regular testing is essential to ensure they function optimally.
A Comprehensive Evaluation:
Testing encompasses various measures to assess crucial performance indicators:
- Airflow: Evaluating the rate and consistency of air drawn into the fume cupboard, ensuring effective capture of contaminants.
- Containment Efficiency: Quantifying the ability of the fume cupboard to prevent hazardous substances from escaping into the laboratory environment.
- Gas Escape: Identifying any potential leaks or breaches in the system that could compromise containment.
- Robustness: Assessing the structural integrity and functionality of the fume cupboard under various operating conditions.
Beyond Legal Compliance:
While mandated by regulations like COSHH in the UK, regular testing extends beyond mere compliance. It provides:
- Peace of Mind: Verifying the safety and effectiveness of fume cupboards, protecting personnel from harmful exposure.
- Confidence in Research: Ensuring accurate and reliable results by minimising contamination risks.
- Cost Savings: Early detection of potential issues prevents costly repairs and downtime.
- Regulatory Adherence: Staying compliant with relevant safety standards and avoiding potential penalties.
By partnering with qualified professionals like HTS for regular fume cupboard testing, laboratories can prioritise safety, optimise research integrity, and achieve cost-effective compliance.
Fume cupboard testing is not just a regulatory requirement, it's an essential investment in the safety, performance, and overall well-being of your laboratory. Here's why:
1. Prioritising Personnel Safety:
- Fume cupboards are your front line of defence against hazardous fumes, vapours, and gases. Regular testing ensures they function optimally, protecting personnel from harmful exposure and minimising health risks.
2. Ensuring Compliance and Confidence:
- Testing upholds compliance with strict standards like BS EN 14175, demonstrating a commitment to safe working environments and avoiding potential penalties. This instills confidence in both regulatory bodies and your workforce.
3. Optimising Equipment Performance:
- Testing goes beyond compliance, providing valuable insights into airflow, containment efficiency, and overall robustness. This ensures your fume cupboards operate at peak performance, delivering reliable results and minimising operational issues.
4. Proactive Risk Management:
- Early detection of problems through testing allows for timely interventions. This prevents costly repairs, downtime, and potentially dangerous accidents or leaks that could impact personnel, the lab, or the environment.
5. Validating Design and Installation:
- Testing confirms that your fume cupboards are properly designed, installed, and equipped, providing the intended level of protection. This guarantees the effectiveness of your ventilation system and the safety of everyone within the lab.
6. Enhancing Quality Assurance:
- When done by a reputable and accredited testing provider like HTS, you gain the assurance that your fume cupboards have undergone thorough evaluations and meet industry-recognised standards. This fosters trust and peace of mind for lab owners, operators, and personnel alike.
Investing in regular fume cupboard testing is not just an obligation, it's a wise decision that safeguards your people, your processes, and your reputation.
At HTS, we are committed to exceeding industry standards and ensuring the utmost safety and performance of your fume cupboards. That's why our fume cupboard testing adheres to the most rigorous and recognised criteria, encompassing:
British Standard BS EN 14175: This is the gold standard for fume cupboard testing in Europe, and adherence to it signifies a comprehensive evaluation meeting strict performance and safety requirements. Whether you have ducted, filtered, recirculating, or walk-in fume cupboards, we employ the specific BS EN 14175 criteria applicable to your equipment.
Additional Relevant Standards: We are proficient in conducting tests based on specific needs and equipment types, including:
- Schools Fume Cupboards (G9 / BB:88): Ensuring safety in educational settings
- Filtered Fume Cupboards (BS 7989:2001): Verifying the performance of filter-based systems
- Mobile Fume Cupboard (Various Standards): Adhering to appropriate standards for portable units
- COSHH Testing (HSG258): Assessing compliance with UK regulations on the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health
- LEV Testing (HSG258): Evaluating Local Exhaust Ventilation systems for optimal performance
- Thorough LEV Testing (HSG258): Conducting in-depth assessments for complex systems
- Extraction Hood Testing (HSG258): Ensuring effective capture of contaminants at the source
- Containment Testing (BS EN 14175): Measuring the ability of your fume cupboard to prevent hazardous substances from escaping
- Commissioning / Re-Commissioning (Various Standards): Verifying proper installation and functionality after installation or updates
Beyond just meeting standards, we also conduct thorough in-house training and assessments for our engineers. This ensures they possess the expertise and qualifications to deliver exceptional service tailored to your specific needs.
By choosing HTS for your fume cupboard testing, you gain the peace of mind of industry-leading expertise, adherence to the highest standards, and a commitment to your laboratory's safety and efficiency.
Yes, HTS has the expertise and equipment to test almost any make and model of fume cupboard. Our testing procedures meticulously follow the recognised European standard BS EN 14175, ensuring comprehensive evaluation regardless of manufacturer or model.
Why Choose HTS for Your Fume Cupboard Testing?
- Universal Compatibility: We possess the experience and tools to handle diverse makes and models, ensuring seamless testing for your specific equipment.
- Rigorous Standards: Our tests adhere to the strict criteria of BS EN 14175, guaranteeing thorough assessment of performance and containment, exceeding recommended standards.
- On-Site Convenience: For your comfort, we offer onsite testing throughout the UK, minimising disruption to your laboratory operations.
- Unmatched Expertise: Our team of highly trained and qualified engineers provides exceptional service and insightful reports, giving you complete confidence in the results.
More Than Just Make and Model:
Beyond our ability to test various makes and models, HTS offers several additional advantages:
- Bespoke Testing: We cater to unique needs, offering customised testing and reporting protocols beyond standard procedures.
- Comprehensive Services: We go beyond testing, providing maintenance, commissioning, and new fume cupboard consultation, serving as your one-stop shop.
- Industry Accolades: Our commitment to quality is recognised by accreditations like SafeContractor and BSI, reinforcing our expertise and reliability.
Contact HTS Today:
Don't let the make and model of your fume cupboards be a concern. Trust HTS for comprehensive, professional, and convenient testing across the UK. Contact us today to discuss your specific needs and experience the peace of mind that comes with expert fume cupboard testing.
To reach out to us today, please email or call.
Unit 9a, Aire Place Mills, 103 - 143 Kirkstall Road, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS3 1JL
0113 245 4111
Monday 7:00am - 7:00pm
Tuesday 7:00am - 7:00pm
Wednesday 7:00am - 7:00pm
Thursday 7:00am - 7:00pm
Friday 7:00am - 7:00pm
Saturday 7:00am - 5:00pm
Review Us On Google > Click Here